This is the third episode of our six-part series focusing on the practical lessons to be learned from the wisdom of Paul in 1 Timothy in the New Testament, with this week’s focus on the qualifications of good leaders. Jim Piper’s commentary will guide you through the application of this biblical wisdom and help put it into context for today’s leaders. If you’re not a Christian don’t be turned off by the Bible’s use as “source material”. Keep your mind and your heart open.
Today Jim focuses on the leadership qualities listed in 1 Timothy chapter 3. The list of qualifications expected of church leaders as listed in Paul’s letter to Timothy sets a very high bar. Even though this is a biblical reference, the ideas and principles described are as applicable to today’s business leaders as they were to the early church leaders. Who wouldn’t want their leaders to have outstanding character and reputations above reproach, be wise and even-tempered, be great teachers, be good hosts, the list goes on but you get the idea. Would the world not be a better place if political leaders, business leaders, church leaders could live up to these high standards? Or… even better… what if we all could! Timeless wisdom indeed.
If you don’t have a Bible and you would like to read 1 Timothy 3, you can read it online here: https://www.biblestudytools.com/1-timothy/3.html
Explore More Content
Make sure to check out all the other five episodes of this series. We’ve compiled all the links for easy access, so no excuses! Elevating your leadership game is just a click away.
- Episode 72: Timeless Wisdom For Diligent Leaders – Part 1 of 6 – Leadership Lessons from 1 Timothy 1
- Episode 73: Timeless Wisdom For Diligent Leaders – Part 2 of 6 – Proper Use of Power
- Episode 74: Timeless Wisdom For Diligent Leaders – Part 3 of 6 – Qualifications of Good Leaders
- Episode 76: Timeless Wisdom For Diligent Leaders – Part 4 of 6 – Leadership Principles in 1 Timothy
- Episode 77: Timeless Wisdom For Diligent Leaders – Part 5 of 6 – Three Culture-Building Values
- Episode 78: Timeless Wisdom For Diligent Leaders – Part 6 of 6 – How to Become Generous Leaders
Together, we can invest in great leaders. You can make a difference! 💙
Get in Touch
🎙️ You can become our next podcast guest, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
✉️ Sign up to receive Monday Moments email every week and get FREE Leadership Resources.
🎤 Need a keynote speaker for your next team meeting, community gathering, or training session? Book Jim now for in-person or virtual speaking engagements. 📧 Email us at email@example.com
📘 Strengthen the Cornerstones of your Spiritual Foundation by understanding The 4 Essentials of Christian Living. Get your copy today
👕 Spread encouragement and support with our Lead Today Hebrews 3:13 shirt. Order yours now
👍 Follow us on Social Media