Jim Piper’s topic on this episode of the Today Counts Show is about personal and leadership growth through self-reflection and gauging yourself. It’s about understanding when you are emotionally spent and taking action to correct it.
Here are a few symptoms that you are not emotionally healthy:
- You are easily and often offended
- You are embracing a victim mentality, you feel like you’re being used
- You have no tolerance whatsoever for others or yourself
- You’re taking shortcuts in whatever you do
Jim points to the Bible in Proverbs chapter 3, verses 5 and 6 for guidance and inspiration to help you find emotional balance. It says, ” Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”
Here are three questions to ask yourself:
- What things are most important to you? (The things you need to protect and continue to do.)
- What are the things you need to stop doing?
- What do you need to start doing that you’re not doing? (Answering this question requires that you have answered the first two questions. If not, you will not have the time to start something new.)
Podcast Transcript: Episode 87: Are You Emotionally Spent? Guide to Personal and Leadership Growth
Join the Lead Today Community and get our Monday Moments email!
You may watch the video podcast here from our YouTube channel:
Explore More Content
Embark on a journey into the realm of personal and leadership growth as you explore our stimulating blogs and insightful podcasts on the Lead Today Community pages. Here are a couple of suggestions to get you started:
- Sounds Crazy – Setting Personal Goals
- Episode 40: Improving Decision Making and Communication
- Scattered – Building Personal and Professional Playbooks
- Episode 31: Mental Health & Healing Leadership with Andy Herod
Together, we can invest in great leaders. You can make a difference! 💙
Get in Touch
🎙️ You can become our next podcast guest, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
✉️ Sign up to receive Monday Moments email every week and get FREE Leadership Resources.
🎤 Need a keynote speaker for your next team meeting, community gathering, or training session? Book Jim now for in-person or virtual speaking engagements. 📧 Email us at email@example.com
📘 Strengthen the Cornerstones of your Spiritual Foundation by understanding The 4 Essentials of Christian Living. Get your copy today
👕 Spread encouragement and support with our Lead Today Hebrews 3:13 shirt. Order yours now
👍 Follow us on Social Media