Looking to make positive changes in your personal and professional life? It’s time to invest in yourself and your business by adopting new strategies for change. By lifting your head from the day-to-day grind and gaining perspective, you can evaluate your habits and goals, simplify your life, and improve your well-being. Try block scheduling, journaling, decluttering, practicing spirituality, serving others, reading, and listening to inspiring content like “The Today Counts Show” podcast. Ready for a change? Read on to learn more.
Strategies for change: Invest time in yourself and your business
LOOK UP. My mission is to inspire you to work ON your life and ON your business. I know you work hard IN them but you will do better if you invest time working ON them. Working ON is different from working IN. To do this, you must lift your head so-to-speak. When you are working hard, your head is down. Your vision is directed narrowly. You must pull away from your work. Not just to rest but to consciously exist at a higher level, a different dimension.
PERSPECTIVE. For what purpose? To gain perspective. To evaluate. To think about the soul you want to be while considering the habits you must acquire on a daily basis to become that person. To evaluate your business away from urgent demands. To see what you cannot see when you’re in the trees. Reserve time at higher elevations to see the forest. From there you are able to digest your experiences from among the trees and assimilate them into wisdom as you ready yourself for re-entry.
HEALTHY STUFF. Thinking about your life is not a difficult concept yet many do not practice it. Instead, they take time away for fun while indulging in their vices as a way of coping with the day-to-day. Instead of healing, learning, and growing, they grow softer and more addictive to the vicious cycle of living for the weekend. It’s about time for a change. You can begin to break this cycle by adopting one or more of the following strategies:
- Block Time. Each week, block an hour or two just to think about your life. Look at your week ahead and organize it around the most important things.
- Write. At the end of each week, write a summary of the past week. This will help you realize new convictions and make healthy changes.
- Clean. Life gets cluttered. Too many expenses, too many commitments, too much stuff, too much… consider dedicating a full year to simplify and clean up your life.
- Church. How long has it been since you have allowed yourself the benefits of absorbing spiritual concepts and faith-building habits?
- Serve. There are few things more cleansing than serving a neighbor.
- Read. Trade television time for reading time. Your heart rate will improve. Your thinking will improve. Your energy will improve. Your thinking will improve.
- Listen. I just started a new podcast “The Today Counts Show”. My content is aimed to remind us that what we think about and do today impacts our tomorrows. Give it a listen.
Thinking of getting that “change” rolling? The following blogs might help you get started. Go check them out!
- If You Want to Change the World, Go Home and Love Your Family
- We can’t change what we’re not willing to admit
Want to read or listen to more content? You can access the complete list of blogs and podcasts here:
If this Monday Moment was helpful, 👉 sign up here to receive Monday Moments email every week and get a FREE Leadership Kit.
Together, we can invest in great leaders. You can make a difference! 💙
🎙️ You can become our next podcast guest, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
🎤 Need a keynote speaker for your next team meeting, community gathering, or training session? Book Jim now for in-person or virtual speaking engagements. 📧 Email us at email@example.com
📘 Strengthen the Cornerstones of your Spiritual Foundation by understanding The 4 Essentials of Christian Living. Get your copy today
👕 Spread encouragement and support with our Lead Today Hebrews 3:13 shirt. Order yours now
👍 Follow us on Social Media